Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Night and The Return To Green




♪♫Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too.
So I stayed in the darkness with you...♪♫

Oh, shut up. Every time it rains, it stops raining. Every time you hurt, you heal. After darkness, there is always light and you get reminded of this every morning but you still choose to believe that the night will last forever. Nothing lasts forever. Not the good or the bad.

The blackest night will fall and I will be gone like the sun. But in the darkness, you will find something more important than me, more important than the moon and the stars. You will find yourself, deep in that ink.

The sky will lift you up like the moon, to bring light to a landscape starved of it. Then I will chase you and you will chase me, in the hope that one day we will find each other again.

So you might as well smile while you’re here.

Because when that day comes, it's either we will cast our light or we’ll stay in the darkness, together…

-Russ

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you in the next life. :)

Jazelle said...

That just gave me goosebumps!
Beautiful. Period.

Helen said...

Very beautiful. Thank you so much.

Dot said...

keep your inner child close and enjoy the simple pleasures in life..

Juliana said...

where does all of this come from? you seem to have the best words to describe any sort of emotion

Dark Tar said...

Let me add something:
Every time you dream, you wake up.

Deb said...

Yesterday the dark corner held me captive. I felt it's cold walls, and the point where they met just behind my back. Trapped, I felt no matter which way I turned someone, would be disappointed. NO matter what I thought, I would remain locked in depression and anxiety.

Fear held my eyes closed, keeping me from seeing the obvious.

All I had to do to escape was walk away.

Allie said...

Oh, I don't know! But I do wish and I will smile :)

Mona Lize said...

Just because THAT IS the sad cycle of life doesn't mean we should or even could get used to it. We can only feign a smile in our apparent attempt to deal with it.

Grace said...

Unfortunately nothing does last forever. Still, the memories will last forever and remind me how I never took a chance.

carrie said...

I've been waiting for you to steal the words from my lips. The words that you seem to be able to say so much easier than I ever could. Please, give me that again. I need it from you. Captivate me.

littlefriend said...

I love the background music. I love Florence and the Machine, so damn refreshing!